Sunday, April 27, 2008

YOU'RE KILLING GASOLINE!


This post is related to my previous post about Exxon's last years historical profit.
Now that gas is almost four dollars a gallon, people can't believe their eyes when they fill up their tanks.
I was one of those who had his jaw hit the floor when i saw how much my Toyota took to fill it up, 50 freaking dollars! I felt like someone punched me in my stomach.
On a bit brighter side, House Democrats are urging regulators to look in the matter of the continuous gas price increase.
Meanwhile Exxon Mobil Corp. is expected to report a huge quarterly profit. According Wall Street analysts, who are projecting that the company will report net income of more than $11 billion for the first quarter.
I guess I will be moving to Venezuela.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if you've seen the cartoon in the Economist about oil prices from a few weeks back. I've put it on my website since I can't add it on this comment. Check it out.
With a dependence on oil for everything from transport to food, I can't help but ask: is there anything we, as Americans, can do other than hope that prices will decrease soon? How about reducing demand?

Global Citizen said...

Fat Chance of that happening my friend. The Fact of the matter is that our dependence on oil will be our doom! And the first to go will be people like you and me, so get ready because sooner or later the shit is going to HIT THE FAN!